The JALAKX DEEPAVALI SONG COMPETITION was Malaysia’s 1st Multi-lingual song competition organized by Jalakx Sdn Bhd and VIMA (Voice International Music Awards).
Here are the terms and conditions of how a musician may submit and participate in the competition.
- The competition is open to musicians based in Malaysia.
- Any song released between January 1st,2015 and 20th September 2017 is eligible to be submitted.
- Songs of any language can be submitted. The organizers also encourage multiple language songs.
- Songs of any genre may be submitted (Pop, Dance, Hip-hop, Rock, Jazz, Soul, R&B, etc)
- The song submission date begins from July 27th 2017 and will close on September 20th 2017.
- Musicians are allowed to submit Deepavali songs that are also of family or unity themed.
- Musicians are encouraged to send in festive or upbeat songs.
- Musicians are discouraged from sending in songs that are vulgar, racist, political or songs with any double meanings.
- Songs should be submitted as audio or video links. Musicians are encouraged to send in song links from either Soundcloud, Spotify or Youtube.
- All songs links must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Musicians may send in as many entries. No limit to the number of songs as long as the songs are festive, family or unity themed.
- All musicians are advised to send in full names(or name of band), a short profile, contact details, social media links (if there is any).
- All musicians are encouraged to visit the JALAKX Facebook page and like the page to follow all the latest updates including the final nominees announcement
14. The final nominees list of votes are expected to commence for 1 week between the final week of September and the 1st week of October.
15. Musicians are encouraged to create their own social media postings, photos and short videos to help promote their submissions. This will be valuable to engage fans, friends and family to help support the musician during the competition.
From the entries, the organizers are targeting up to 15 nominees for the final round of voting.
The final 15 nominees will go through a public round of voting which makes up 50% of the scores and the other 50% will be scored by celebrity and industry judges.
The Top 3 winners will be awarded a crystal award and the final list of 10 to 12 songs will be selected for nationwide promotion as well as the potential to be marketed globally.