It’s the final award to be given out, and it’s been a long time coming.
Mandolin, who recently sponsored the VIMA Best Colloboration Award, has also graciously stepped forward to sponsor the highly anticipated VIMA Song of The Year award.
Lionel Charles Pereira of Mandolin shared:
“Mandolin is pleased to sponsor both the VIMA Best Collaboration and Song Of The Year award as it’s our way of supporting the local music scene.
We are honored that Mandolin will be associated in recognizing and presenting this esteemed song award, and we hope that this in turn will spearhead more musicians to strive towards songs of quality and of international standards.
We are also excited to be partnering with VIMA soon to showcase young, up and coming acts to perform at Mandolin. We intend to create a special platform that will allow our patrons to enjoy the most happening local music during weekdays and to help elevate the scene”
Visit Mandolin’s FB page here
The Song of The Year Award will be determined by a fresh set of voting of which 50% will come from global judges and 50% from a public polls that will run on the VIMA Official Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/vimamusicawards from March 21st until March 27th, 2017.
THE 13 SONGS THAT QUALIFY FOR VIMA SONG OF THE YEAR
1. Jagat – Lawrence Soosai
2. Rain – Endleaves
3. Bintang – Ze Rebelle
4. When you turn me on – Tamara (Australia/Malaysia)
5. Terimakasih – Salammusik
6. Ini Baru Lawa – Lawalah Familia
7. The Boss – Roshan Jamrock feat Alex Subryn,Ramon (Blister), Precious Michael & Sho D Beat
8. Blind Love – Jumero
9. Tu Hi Dilruba – Adithya Srinivasan (Singapore)
10. All I Want For Christmas Is You (Mariah Carey Cover) – An Honest Mistake featuring Daiyan Trisha, Roshan Jamrock of K-Town Clan , Nick Davis, Raja Nazrin from SOG,
Diandra Arjunaidi, Jon Liddell, So I’m Jenn, Shawn Lee
& Julz Savard from Save Me Hollywood (Philippines)
11. Human – Karmal (featuring Vandal & Songstress)
12. C.O.A – Roshan Jamrock & Adam Lobo (feat Dasha Logan)
13. Lost – GTXperiment